Terms & Conditions
This is where I write what is an agreement between you (the customer) and me, Paul (owner of K Bean Coffee Pty Ltd)
If issues arise I always do everything I can to get a win:win result.
Most issues are black and white. The Terms and Conditions here are great and really help when things move into the grey area.
Let me start off my stating the obvious - K Bean respects your consumer rights
Your Rights under Australian Consumer Law - Under Australian Consumer Law you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, the retailer is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
K Bean will determine the extent of the failure. K Bean defines a major failure as an inherent manufacturing defect or design fault that cannot be rectified with either a repair or a replacement unit.
...but have no fear. I'm happy to report that warranty claims are few and far between for K Bean. Also, K Bean has never had a claim for a major failure and I don't expect to have any. And remember, all goods sold by K Bean are sourced from and supported by authorised Australian distributors. K Bean does not buy from grey importers.
- New goods - Home use, 12 months parts and labour - Business use, 12 months parts only.
- Ex-demo goods - Home use, 6 months parts and labour - Business use, 6 months parts only.
- Traded in goods - 1 month labour only.
- Warranty is valid within Australia only. No international warranty.
- Warranty is fully transferable upon change of ownership.
- Warranty repairs are BTB (back-to-base). This means that you will need to get your machine to your closest coffee machine technician. You won't have to travel far as K Bean has access to a network of technicians covering every metropolitan area.
- Warranty covers manufacturing defects.
- Warranty does not cover perishables such as springs and gaskets, damage caused by user error, poor machine maintenance of unauthorised repairs or damage caused by scale and corrosion due to water quality issues.
If you have a problem please start with the K Bean technical support notes and FAQs here
If you still have an issue please contact me (Paul) as most problems can be resolved very quickly over the phone.
If an assessment or a repair is needed you will be guided to your to your closest technician. The technician will assess the item
- If a manufacturing defect is found the technician will repair the machine under warranty.
- If no manufacturing defect is found the technician will send you a quotation for the repair.
Warranty assessment isn't always straight forward so I rely on technician's to assess validity. Technician's are independent. They will be paid for the repair by K Bean or by you so they have no motivation to be anything but honest. K Bean will always respect the assessment of the coffee machine technician and when buying from K Bean you agree to do the same.
- Normal delivery times to metropolitan areas are 1-2 working days to Melbourne and Sydney and 2-3 working days for other States and Territories. Delivery times will be a little longer for coffee machines as all coffee machines are all bench tested before shipping.
- K Bean is responsible for supplying goods to the courier. You are responsible for receiving goods from the courier. If re-delivery is required because a courier returns a parcel as "not deliverable" or "not collected" you are responsible for all courier fees for re-delivery so please make sure that you are able to sign for goods on delivery.
- I do everything I can to get your gear to you quickly but occasionally there are delays caused by suppliers or couriers that are out of my control. These delays are rare but they happen from time to time. When buying from K Bean you accept that this is the case and you also accept that late delivery does not provide grounds for cancellation of an order.
- K Bean provides full shipping insurance and K Bean is responsible for repair of any transit damage. The transit damage procedure is the same as the warranty procedure.
- Free shipping applies to metro areas only. Additional costs to ship to non-metro areas will be charged to you.
30 Day Change-of-Mind Policy
- I want you to be 100% happy so I will take back returns for up to 30 days.
- Change of mind (before shipping) - 100% store credit
- Returned unused (in factory sealed packaging) - 90% store credit
- Returned used (but unmarked) - 80% store credit
- Store credit only. No refunds. Please don't ask me as I really don't like to say "no"
- Shipping costs are not reimbursed.
Store Credit and Gift Vouchers
Store credit and gift vouchers are valid at listed web prices only.
- Deposits indicate contractual agreement to proceed.
- Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- K Bean Coffee Pty Ltd respects your privacy.
- Information you submit will never be sold to a third party.